title






I'm Tom Rainford, a Studio AKA animation director. If you fancy taking a look at my portfolio, you can find it on my website, or if you want to get in touch, feel free to send me an email.





Wednesday 24 August 2011

Childhood

I drew these once. I've spent most of my life trying to 'improve', and now I just want to be able to return to the amazing no-fancy-bullshit style of my toddler years.

I've had a little spare time over the summer and I've been in the stage of detailing some concepts/screenplays that I'm very excited about, which I will be producing over the next couple of years. I've been away for a while but I have a good plan. These drawing are really informing a more free style for the projects, I'll show some character designs/moving stuff as soon as its ready.








Not a flipped image: my weird little brain drew my name perfectly mirrored for an unexplained reason.




And finally a slightly twisted and nonsensical addition enough to worry any parent.



I decided to look these up after finding out about the beautiful new short film 'the Itch of the Golden Nit'. The project is entirely comprised of childrens' own drawings and story ideas and is animated by that clever bunch at Aardman. Check out more about the film HERE.