title






I'm Tom Rainford, a Studio AKA animation director. If you fancy taking a look at my portfolio, you can find it on my website, or if you want to get in touch, feel free to send me an email.





Thursday 18 October 2012

Crab Sense


















Detail:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"I need one arm for my hat. I need one for my gloves and I need one to carry my cane. I need an arm free to shake hands with people I meet. I need four legs to stand on, and a fine crab like me, needs two arms to dress”, he said proudly, and he puffed out his chest so much that two of the buttons popped from his vest. Ping!  Ping!"
          
         - Jeremy Crab and the Two Little Fishes

The late Frank Ravenscroft was an unpublished author who wrote children's stories and poetry. I created this illustration as a small tribute to the spirit of the story. To make it I ventured into the dark recesses of my art box and returned with watercolours I haven't seen since the 90s. My next piece will be with chewed crayolas.