title






I'm Tom Rainford, a Studio AKA animation director. If you fancy taking a look at my portfolio, you can find it on my website, or if you want to get in touch, feel free to send me an email.





Thursday 25 November 2010

Competition Season!

Here's the first half of my latest project, which I have named 'Grocery Day'. I won't get a chance to get back and finish it for another month or so, so I'm uploading the progress now. This project was '5 Things I Like and 5 Things I Don't Like' set by the Mike Moloney from the wonderful 'Art & Graft'.

The animation is set to descend into some pretty strange stuff. As you can imagine I'm enjoying it a lot.



The reason I won't be working on it is becasue it's COMPETITION SEASON. That's right, folks, D&AD, YCN, Penguin Design Awards, it's all happening now. This year we're being made to enter two briefs instead of one, which means doubling our chances. Of course, I don't entirely expect to get as far as I did last year with the D&AD, but I'd be a little wuss not to try. Check out this juicy list of D&AD sponsors.


I'm probably going Disney/Diesel, but the Aviva one looks pretty sweet too. And the Penguin Design Award could definitely be a cool bet. I need someone to make this decision for me.